Check out interesting findings from Tyler Car Accident Statistics in 2020 with McKay Law.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation’s 2020 crash statistics, there were a total of 1,945 crashes in Tyler, TX. Of those, 6 were fatal crashes, resulting in 6 fatalities. In addition, there were 417 crashes that resulted in injuries, with a total of 610 people injured.
The statistics also show that the leading causes of crashes in Tyler, TX, were failure to control speed, driver inattention, and failure to yield right of way. These causes accounted for a significant percentage of all crashes in the city.
Top Causes of Car Accidents in Tyler, TX
There are many causes of car accidents, but here are some of the most common in Tyler, TX:
- Distracted driving: This includes texting or talking on the phone while driving, eating or drinking, adjusting the radio or GPS, or any other activity that takes your attention away from the road.
- Speeding: Driving too fast can lead to loss of control of the vehicle, reduced reaction time, and increased stopping distance.
- Drunk driving: Alcohol impairs judgment, reduces reaction time, and affects motor skills, making it a leading cause of car accidents.
- Reckless driving: This includes tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and ignoring traffic signals and signs.
- Weather conditions: Rain, snow, fog, and ice can all affect road conditions and make driving more dangerous.
- Fatigue: Drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving, as it can lead to reduced reaction time and impaired judgment.
- Inexperienced drivers: Young drivers and those who are new to driving may be more likely to make mistakes or engage in risky behavior.
- Vehicle malfunctions: Defective brakes, tires, or other parts can cause accidents, as can a lack of maintenance or failure to address known issues with the vehicle.
It’s important to always practice safe driving habits to reduce the risk of car accidents. If you are involved in a car accident in Tyler, TX contact McKay Law, Tx immediately so we can protect your rights.
What Do We Learn From Tyler Car Accident Statistics?
We can see that 21% of the crashes in Tyler, TX resulted in injuries from the Tyler car accident statistics.
Trusting the insurance company may cost you time, money and personal anguish. At McKay Law Tx we move first to take care of your personal needs such as medical care, rental car, obtaining property damage authorization to have your car repaired, etc.
If you are involved in a car accident in Tyler, TX, here are the steps you should take:
- Check yourself and others for injuries: If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately and seek medical attention.
- Move to a safe location: If possible, move your vehicle to the side of the road or another safe location. This can help prevent further accidents or injuries.
- Exchange information with the other driver(s): Get the names, phone numbers, and insurance information of all drivers involved in the accident.
- Document the accident: Take photos of the accident scene, including any damage to the vehicles and the surrounding area.
- Call the police: Even if the accident is minor, it’s important to call the police and file a report. This can help with insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Contact your insurance company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible, and provide them with all relevant information.
- Seek legal advice: If you or anyone else was injured in the accident, or if there is significant damage to the vehicles, you may want to consult with a car accident lawyer.
Remember to stay calm and cooperative throughout the process, and avoid admitting fault or discussing the accident with anyone other than the police, your insurance company, and McKay Law TX.
How Many Car Accident Victims Receive Damage Settlements From the Insurance Company?
The percentage of car accident victims who receive damage settlements from an insurance company varies widely depending on a number of factors, such as the severity of the accident, the extent of the injuries, and the amount of insurance coverage available.
In general, most car accident cases are settled out of court through negotiations between the parties involved, including the insurance companies. According to some estimates, between 95% and 96% of personal injury cases, including car accident cases, are settled before trial.
At McKay Law, we have an excellent record of settling car accident cases for the maximum insurance coverages and oftentimes more. We get maximum compensation for our clients.
It’s important to note that not all settlement offers are fair or adequate to fully compensate the victim for their losses and damages. This is why it’s important to consult with a car accident lawyer like McKay Law who can help you negotiate with the insurance company and pursue a fair settlement or, if necessary, take your case to court to seek the compensation you deserve.
Don’t hesitate, contact McKay Law today – Call (903) 465-8733, or submit your case for a free case review to speak to one of our car accident attorneys to ensure your rights are protected and you receive maximum compensation from your injuries and inconvenience.
Contact a Proven Car Accident Lawyer in Tyler Texas Today!
Now you know the Tyler Car Accident Statistics.
If you are involved in a car accident in Tyler, TX, you may be eligible to receive a settlement from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, or from your own insurance company if you have certain types of coverage. A settlement is a sum of money paid to you to compensate for the damages and losses you suffered as a result of the accident.
The amount of the settlement will depend on a number of factors, including the severity of the accident, the extent of your injuries, the damage to your vehicle, and the amount of insurance coverage available.
To receive a settlement, you will typically need to file a claim with the insurance company and provide evidence of your damages and losses, such as medical bills, repair bills, and lost wages. The insurance company will then investigate the claim and make a settlement offer.
At McKay Law, our skilled car accident lawyer at McKay Law take care of all of this for you as our client. We can help a victim overcome these obstacles and obtain full and fair compensation.
It’s important to note that accepting a settlement offer will typically require you to sign a release of liability, which means you cannot seek additional compensation for the same accident in the future.
Therefore, it’s important to carefully consider any settlement offer before accepting it, and to consult with a car accident lawyer if you have any questions or concerns.